Freshers week is nearly over and it’s time to buckle down to some serious study – in serious style of course! We know well just how fashion-conscious student life can be, and rightly so – this is your time to express yourself, have fun and of course, flex that student discount!
All of that said, our entire ethos is affordability and we do believe that a great wardrobe can be achieved on a budget for those willing to hold out for the right pieces. Instead of buying cheap and often, we’re all about investing in well-made vintage that will look unique and see you through your undergrad years. Whether it’s an all-nighter in the library, a bar crawl or a lazy sunday in student halls, here are the vital vintage pieces that will see you through your degree years…
Our fairs and kilos are positively teaming with these beauties – pick your colour and fit and you’re good to go! Chuck on over a t shirt, jeans and converse for lectures, wear to bed or tuck into a skirt for casual drinks – or that inevitable cowboy-themed fancy dress night. Get a few of these beauties in your arsenal and the possibilities are endless.
The Classic Band Tee/Jacket
The first few weeks at Uni can be a little intimidating when it comes to making friends, which is why the classic band tee is such a perfection addition to our wardrobe – hello instant conversation starter! Whether you’re a pop fan or a heavy metaller, a cool tee is sure to see you getting a nod of appreciation from a likeminded fan on campus – just make sure that you’ve actually heard of the band you’re wearing!
Parka or Duffel Coat
No matter which part of the country you’ve decided to study in, chances are you’ll probably be in need of a practical coat (alright Mum). Say hello to the humble parka or duffel coat – practical in all weather, these classic designs go with everything and will keep you snug on those long walks to lectures when you’ve run out of bus fare. Patch yours up or add badges to make it super on-trend for AW16.
For days where you just can’t be bothered or days where you really can (we’re looking at that cutie in your 9am lecture), a well-fitting pair of jeans are the best place to start any uni outfit. Mom, Skinny, Bell-bottom…shop around until you find the fit that best suits you and run with it.
Whether you’re after an LBD or a more statement look, it’s so important to have an amazing out-out outfit that you feel great and confident in. A great party dress doesn’t have to be skintight and tiny – lots of vintage day dresses look fab when cinched in with a belt and paired with a statement shoe.
For unwashed hair days or when your look needs a pop of colour, a jazzy scarf can elevate a boring outfit to a stylish one. Play about with patterns and colours – this is one shopping addiction that won’t take up too much room!
Need a bit of help with your capsule wardrobe? Check out our upcoming autumn events below where we will have all this stock and more…
- UCLU’s Affordable Vintage Fair – Freshers Special – 29 Sep 2016
- Leicester’s Affordable Vintage Fair- Fresher’s Special! – 30 Sep 2016
- Bethnal Green’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 2 Oct 2016
- Cambridge Affordable Vintage Fair – 8 Oct 2016
- Oxford Vintage Kilo Sale – 8 Oct 2016
- Ipswich’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 9 Oct 2016
- Cumbria’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 9 Oct 2016
- Cardiff Vintage Kilo Sale – 9 Oct 2016
- Camden Vintage Kilo Sale – 15 Oct 2016
- Bath’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 15 Oct 2016
- The Manchester Vintage Furniture Flea – 15 Oct 2016
- Bristol’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 16 Oct 2016
- Bournemouth Vintage Clothing Kilo Sale – 16 Oct 2016
- Birmingham Vintage Kilo Sale – 22 Oct 2016
- Liverpool’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 22 Oct 2016
- The Camden Vintage Furniture Flea – 23 Oct 2016
- Leeds Affordable Vintage Fair – 23 Oct 2016
- Oxford’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 29 Oct 2016
- South London’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 29 Oct 2016
- Newcastle Vintage Kilo Sale – 30 Oct 2016
- Leamington Spa’s Affordable Vintage Fair – 30 Oct 2016